In order to raise funds for the school and PTA during this year’s holiday season and Winter Fair on December 7th, we intend to make Christmas greeting cards showcasing artwork from Island School students. In order to participate, please follow the rules and conditions of the contest here:
- Contest Duration: November 1 – 22
- Format of artwork: Any type of medium is permissible provided the artwork can ultimately be rendered as a printable JPEG image. Paintings, drawings, sketches, collages – even three-dimensional sculptures are fine, provided they can either be scanned or photographed later in a higher resolution in order to print them on the cards, should they be chosen.
- Submission of artwork: Please email the artwork submission to WinterWonderland2013IS@gmail.com before the deadline with the following information, your name, year and House plus, name of artwork.
- Note that your artwork will appear on the Winter Fair Facebook page for the enjoyment and re-sharing of the school community and its friends, unless you request otherwise.
- Finally, the selection of the artworks to be printed (3-5), will be up to the final determination and discretion of the PTA. The final selection will be made before the end of November.
- Prizes: In addition to having their artwork printed on the gift cards with a mention of their name and artwork title on the back, winning contestants will receive an iTunes gift card worth $250 (a maximum of one per contestant) plus a letter of commendation from the PTA.