We are at the start of the influenza season. Due to influenza or “flu” being easily spread from person to person, we are asking your assistance to help reduce its spread in Island School.
Please do not send your child to school if they…
- Are unwell with cold or flu symptoms
- Have any signs of nausea/vomiting
- Have a fever of 37.8°C or above
To prevent outbreaks, parents are advised not to send their child to school until 24 hours after symptoms have subsided without medication.
Influenza/flu is mainly spread through droplets when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks, with an incubation period of 1-4 days.
Prevention measures include:
- Hand washing and use of alcohol-based hand rub
- Covering mouth / nose when coughing or sneezing
- Using disposable tissues
- Wearing a surgical mask when having symptoms
- Maintaining balanced diet
- Exercising regularly
- Taking adequate rest
Please advise your child if they feel unwell during school hours to attend the medical room. If your child is unwell and going to miss school, please inform the school of their absence along with any doctor’s diagnosis.
Thank you for your cooperation in this. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.