Calling all parents…..
· Are you interested to learn more about what your children are doing at school and what’s happening in and out of the classrooms?
· Would you like to meet like-minded parents and staff at Island School and swap tips on how best to prepare our children for the future?
· Do you want to contribute to the very special community we have at school, but are not sure how?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then read on!
Whether you are working in a full-time professional career, or whether you have chosen to work full time in the home, Island School’s PTA offers a chance for all parents to get involved. Our PTA is run by a friendly and welcoming group of volunteers who meet once a month and the PTA is now actively recruiting volunteers for this year’s committee. We have needs for many different skills (e.g. Marketing, PR, Events, Accounting, Administration, Coordination, Design, Newsletters, Database Administration, Secretarial, etc). Whatever your skill set is you’ll be able to make a valuable contribution!
We invite you to please:
· Sit in our PTA meeting on Monday 7th September 5.30pm in the school library to see what we’re about with no strings attached or
· Come to drinks and the AGM on Monday 21st September, 6.00pm in the school hall and consider volunteering for a role on the committee, or just come along and listen to our guest speaker Paul Schulte of Schulte Research who will share his thoughts on: “How to prepare young adults when we don’t know what the future workplace looks like” or
· E-mail Sandra Logan, our PTA Office Manager, and let her know that you would like more information about what we do and how you might get involved. She can be contacted at email@example.com
Island School PTA